Win a celebrity Derby hat for 2010!
Five Louisville news anchors and one world class hat designer have donated their favorite Kentucky Derby hats to the WHAS Crusade for Children.
You can be in the winner’s circle by purchasing raffle tickets for one, two or all six hats! Purchase as many raffle tickets as you wish by clicking on the photos of the hats below and following the step-by-step instructions. You may get the perfect hat for your 2010 Derby outfit.
See the hats on display
All six Derby hats are on display in the lobby of the Kentucky Derby Museum. Located at 704 Central Avenue in Louisville (40208), stop by and take a look.
Here are the details
- Raffle tickets are $5 per chance
- Drawing held Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 8:00am during the 56th Annual WHAS Crusade for Children on WHAS11 television and 84WHAS radio
- Proceeds benefit the WHAS Crusade for Children
- Official rules listed below
Rachel Platt hat
Imagine the beauty of thoroughbreds thundering to the finish line beneath the Twin Spires; then put yourself in that roaring crowd of spring color and excitement. You don’t want anything less than this Attitudes by Angie designed burnished gold paglina straw beefeater crowning your head with its poppy and wheat ornamented silhouette.
Melissa Swan hat
When it’s time for elegance at a Kentucky Derby Museum event or the Call to the Post on Millionaire’s Row nothing captures attention like the lavender, black and royal blue of this horsehair plantation style hat designed by Rebecca’s Head Dresses. It’s a swirl of silk and satin trimmed with flowers and feathers.
Carrie Weil hat
The most exciting two minutes in all of sports is the payoff of a week long event filled with glamour, glitz and glitterati. You’ll be right at home trackside or backside in this white horsehair and paglina straw sailor designed by Drinks on the Plaza. It’s fiery lillies and golden tendrils are a sure bet to top off a day of cheering home winners and cashing in at the betting window.
Elizabeth Woolsey hat
The spring meet. Thoroughbreds. Fashion. Just the right look. There is no question that you’ll be right at home in the Skye Terrace or on the rail in this white straw chapeau. This creation by Dee’s Crafts will have heads turning with it’s orange organdy, silk ribbon embellished with green and orange tiger lilies.
Candyce Clifft hat
The first notes of bugle not only announce the opening of the spring meet at Churchill Downs they put fashion in the number one position. You’ll do better than make the field in this citrine green horsehair beefeater designed by Gabriel Amar. This Frank Olive inspired creation will make you the favorite with its bugle-beaded flowers embroidered across the brim and crown.
Gabriel Amar hat
Making a colorful splash on the first Saturday in May is a rite of spring in the world of thoroughbreds and fashion. Enjoy this bright red rose from the garden of designer Gabriel Amar. This Frank Olive inspired large roller horsehair topper is guaranteed to turn heads all the way from the paddock to the winner’s circle.
- $5.00 per chance
- License #1118
- Must be at least 18-years-old to win
- Winner need not be present
- Drawing will be held Sunday, June 7, 2009 8:00am during the 56th annual WHAS Crusade for Children at WHAS-TV located at 6th & Chestnut Streets in Louisville, Kentucky
- Winner will be solely responsible for all state, local and federal taxes related to winning this prize
- After prize is delivered, WHAS Crusade for Children, Inc. will remit to the IRS and Kentucky Revenue Cabinet IRS Form W2G stating winner’s tax liability
- Employees of the WHAS Crusade for Children, Inc. are not eligible to win
- Odds of winning will be determined by total number of entries
- No cash option
- All Proceeds benefit the WHAS Crusade for Children