Dear Crusade friend,
I have a great story to share with you as we express gratitude during this season of giving. To the surprise of the Gaither family, Zuri came early, weighing only 2 lbs. 1 oz. Thanks to expert medical care at Baptist Health and some critical pieces of equipment funded by the WHAS Crusade for Children, Zuri’s early birth turned from concern to joy. This would not be possible without the generosity of this community!
For decades, you have made it possible for the Crusade to help millions of children. In 2017, your generosity allowed the Crusade to award grants to nearly 200 agencies, schools and hospitals that help children with special needs across Kentucky and Southern Indiana. As you prepare for the holidays, please remember Zuri and other children with special needs and make a year-end contribution to the Crusade. There are many ways you can give. Our website, WHASCrusade.org, provides information on all these opportunities:
• Send your check or charge information in the enclosed envelope to the Crusade Office
• Become a Crusade Angel through monthly automatic deductions
• Purchase a Walk of Fame brick in honor of that hard-to-buy-for individual on your list
• Purchase a Walk of Fame brick to honor the memory of someone you lost this year
• Donate appreciated stock, life insurance policies or other non-cash property
• Consider including the Crusade in your will or through a bequest
The children served by the Crusade are truly an inspiration and heroes to all of us. It is heartwarming to see beautiful Zuri featured in our annual children’s calendar, doing so well today. Thank you for being a champion for these children. As you enter the holidays, may your life be full of gratitude.
Chief Executive Officer